UMRA contains a robust library of actions for Exchange 2010 and 2013. Before these actions can be used, you must install and configure several prerequisites.
- Join the UMRA Service Account to the "Organizational Management" group in Active Directory. This will grant the UMRA service the privileges necessary to manage mailboxes, groups, and more.
- On the UMRA Server, install the WinRM IIS Extension feature
- This can be done from Server Manager with the Add Roles and Features option
- Note: Be aware of any group policies that control and override this setting in your environment.
- Type "Y" to accept changes
Set-User <UMRA Service Account> -RemotePowerShellEnabled $true
- Replace <UMRA Service Account> with the login name of the account under which you are running the UMRA Service.
Now that all of these steps have been completed, you should be able to create and run UMRA scripts that create and manage user mailboxes, groups, and more.